[Tor www-team] Help in migrating from Drupal 5 to 7

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.is
Wed Aug 27 20:25:56 UTC 2014

On 08/27/2014 11:19 AM, Eric Schaefer wrote:
> Too bad that it’s staying on Drupal! I had worked out exporting all
> posts, comments, and events into markdown files for Jekyll (this is
> totally done) with a ruby script
> [https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/10479]. I could have
> a Jekyll version of the complete Tor blog up and running by Friday.
> But then of course there’s the issue of where to host comments, etc
> etc. Still seems like an easier task than a Drupal migration though.

This is awesome. Mostly what I'm looking to do is to keep our blog
working in the short term, and figure out a better plan for long term.

We may find out that our drupal 5 design doesn't work at all with drupal
7 and have to revert. If it does work, in the short term (1 month), we'd
at least have a working blog again (comments, posting, spam control,
search functionality, event calendar, etc)

--
Andrew
pgp 0x6B4D6475