[Tor www-team] Help in migrating from Drupal 5 to 7

Olssy olssy1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 17:20:39 UTC 2014

If it can wait two weeks I'd love to help, I have quite a bit of
experience migrating data into Drupal 7 and securing it. It might also
be worth installing Aegir which is an application for managing Drupal
sites and makes upgrading/migrating/cloning simpler, be it for a major
upgrade between versions, creating development clones or just testing
minor upgrades that come out fairly regularly. Someone will need to
maintain the Drupal installation afterwards to be sure any security
updates get applied quickly.
I haven't used the migrate d2d module before but have a lot of
experience with the import module which lets you feed a CSV file to be
imported. It's pretty straightforward, extract the blog posts/comments
from the D5 database in CSV format, modelize the new blog post/comment
structure in D7, map the D5 fields to the D7 fields and import the CSV
file. Unless there are already character encoding issues this goes
very smoothly.