[Tor www-team] Help in migrating from Drupal 5 to 7

Eric Schaefer omg at eric-schaefer.com
Wed Aug 27 15:19:16 UTC 2014

Too bad that it’s staying on Drupal! I had worked out exporting all posts, comments, and events into markdown files for Jekyll (this is totally done) with a ruby script [https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/10479]. I could have a Jekyll version of the complete Tor blog up and running by Friday. But then of course there’s the issue of where to host comments, etc etc. Still seems like an easier task than a Drupal migration though.

At any rate, I’ve done a Drupal migration before, although I wouldn’t call myself an expert. But I can move the legacy data around. Someone else will need to secure the yawning security issues with D7.

Happy to chat more either here or on tor-www on IRC.

Eric