[ux] A Survey on Tor Browser Users’ Awareness and Perceptions of Security Regarding the Update of Tor Relays

Donglin Ding D.Ding-7 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Sat Jul 22 17:59:40 UTC 2023

Hello everybody,

My name is Donglin Ding, and I’m a student at the University of Edinburgh. I’m doing my final project, which involves learning the Tor browser users’ awareness and perceptions of security regarding the update of Tor relays. As part of this project, I am conducting a survey focusing on Tor browser users and would greatly appreciate your valuable insights. The survey is open to individuals who have ever used the Tor browser, and it does not require any prior background knowledge.

This survey consists of 24 questions, and it is anticipated to take approximately 10 to 15 minutes to complete. Your participation will be entirely anonymous, no login or sensitive information is required. Your responses will be confidential and used for research purposes only.

How to participate:

I created the survey on BlockSurvey, which is a privacy-first survey platform with no ads, trackers, or cookies, and employs end-to-end encryption. And BlockSurvey doesn’t block access over Tor network.

BlockSurvey link: https://blocksurvey.io/tor-user-study-2iyj7XMSQMm.YmYTzVoGUA-o
[https://blocksurvey.io/assets/images/logo/blocksurvey-meta.png]<https://blocksurvey.io/tor-user-study-2iyj7XMSQMm.YmYTzVoGUA-o>
Tor User Study<https://blocksurvey.io/tor-user-study-2iyj7XMSQMm.YmYTzVoGUA-o>
Create surveys with end-to-end encryption. Protect your respondents' data and privacy. Try it for FREE.
blocksurvey.io

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Donglin Ding The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.