[ux] Firefox Add-on for torrc functions of Tor Browser

José René Gutiérrez hola at josernitos.com
Sat Apr 30 04:31:43 UTC 2022

Hey Aleff, this is great. It seems that you want to make visible and
editable an already built-in technology (torify) so anyone can change it.

*Questions*: When would you see yourself changing these settings? And when
do you see other people doing it? (that's what Duncan is asking for, the
use case)

*Some feedback*: The closest pattern or place where I would change
something like this would be in a VPN. And I think perhaps those sorts of
apps would have a dropdown menu of the countries, instead of using the
country code. I think it would make that interaction clearer. Also, there
is no explanation of what is StrictNodes, it seems important since it has a
radio button, perhaps you can have a line or something that explains what
is that.

*About your proposal: *To actually integrate this to the browser, it's
another discussion completely. One key question would be: where would these
settings coexist with the current ones? And how much configuration is
overwhelming or pleasant for all users. (The reason why I share this is so
that you can understand how one thinks of implementing or not a feature,
and the sorts of dilemmas we'd be facing.)

Other than that, great work. Your documentation seems clear (I'm not an
engineer), although the project info paragraph is a bit confusing -perhaps
it was not copied correctly-, I think that the one you have on your
linkedin profile is clearer.

Pura vida,