[ux] Firefox Add-on for torrc functions of Tor Browser

Alessandro Greco alessandrogreco at autistici.org
Wed Apr 27 15:44:00 UTC 2022

Hi everyone I created a Firefox extension a few days ago that allows
users to use some of the Tor Browser torrc-related features through a
simple and intuitive graphical interface.

The project is under development but I would like to share it with you
proposing to include it in the Tor Browser installer.

The extension is currently functional and allows the modification of the
following features:
- Changing the origin of EntryNodes (+ StrictNodes).
- Changing the origin of the ExitNodes (+ StrictNodes).
- Exclusion of nodes relating to a given origin on the whole circuit.
- Exclusion of nodes relating to a given origin on ExitNodes.
- Exclusion of unrecognized (non-geolocalizable) nodes.
- Section dedicated to the torify shell command (under development).

The extension currently requires the launch of a local script that
allows you to communicate the extension and the torrc file, which is why
it would be preferable to create a direct connection to Tor Browser by
eliminating this program from having to run separately integrating it
perfectly with the Tor Browser itself.

The code is obviously Open Source and I hope you can consider this
project which aims to contribute to the use of Tor-Project and to the
development of new features.
The torify section was designed to support the development of torify.

Repository: https://github.com/NoNameoN-A/Tropea-Project
Demo: https://peertube.uno/w/mAGrEbN3yrmuAjKZ3xAFQi

--
Regards,
Alessandro Greco.

Browse my WebSite! (autistici.org/aleff),
Join the Free Software Foundation! (fsf.org),
Support Electronic Frontier Foundation! (eff.org),
Browse Privately. Explore Freely. (torproject.org).