[ux] collaborating on the redesign of the connection to Tor in Tor Browser and Tails

sajolida sajolida at pimienta.org
Thu Jun 3 23:56:42 UTC 2021

Cecylia Bocovich:
> Hi sajolida! Thanks for the extensive write-up and your thoughts on this
> work. I have a few thoughts in line with snippets from discussions in
> this thread.

Hi Cecylia and Anto,

Thanks for your answer and sorry for taking so long to get back to you!

We were discussing all this internally, encoding our decision in our
design doc, and preparing the release (in the end postponed to July 13).

You can see our updated position on the matter in this merge request:

https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/merge_requests/456/diffs

We also updated the text on the interface to not use the word
"criminalized":

https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/issues/18231

Even if we probably still disagree, we thank you for this discussion
because it helped us in our software and UX design.

--
sajolida
Tails — https://tails.boum.org/