[ux] UX team meeting notes, 21 january 2020

Antonela Debiasi tor at antonela.me
Tue Jan 21 16:11:18 UTC 2020

Hello!

We just finished our weekly meeting. Here is our meeting log

http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2020/tor-meeting.2020-01-21-13.59.log.html

See you online,

------------------------
Meeting 2019-01-21
------------------------

People:
    - antonela
    - emmapeel
    - diogo
    - c1e0
    - RotationMatrix

== Updates ==

Antonela:

    - Reviewed S27 tickets: Onion errors and Onion indicators
    - Drafting proposals for RightsCon with Simply Secure, Google and EFF
    - Pushing the iterated download page from [dev] to [staging]
    - Traveling to Berlin this weekend; setting meetings with Simply
Secure and OTF for Metrics with Nina and OTF for S27 with Fiona
    - I'm making FOSDEM! See you there folks ^___^

emmapeel:
    This week:
        - ticket gardening for l10n
        - reviews and translators input for support, new translation files
        - prs for lektor-content
        - updating docs for translators
        - glossary
    Next week
        - translators input for tb manual.
      - maybe https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/32650

pili:
    This week:
        - GSoC wrangling
        - Looking into Outreachy Mid-Year round
        - FOSDEM prep
        - S27 review
        - Start putting content on dev portal
        - Reviewing roadmaps
    Next week:
        - More of the same
        - Travelling to Brussels on Friday
        - Attending the Usability Testing Workshop for FOSS contributors
(https://hsbxl.be/events/byteweek/2020/opensourcedesign/)

diogo:
    This week:
        - Fosdem preparation
        - Download page redesign exploration
            - Not a complete redesign, just doing minor changes while
trying to improve the flow of the page
        - Looking into https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/3544
            - Mocking up the flow: Download, Extract, Launch, Add to Menu

== Discussion ==
- WWW roadmap and UX dependencies >
https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/www-roadmap/blob/master/2020.md
- can we make a rule of avoiding to name folder topic-N in the websites,
and have the folder be named how-to-verify-signature instead?

== Interesting Links [ or what are we reading this week ] ==
an IETF working group is trying to spec "end users". The draft here
https://github.com/intarchboard/for-the-users/blob/master/draft-iab-for-the-users.md

--
Antonela Debiasi
UX Team Lead