[ux] UX team meeting notes, 14 january 2020

Antonela Debiasi tor at antonela.me
Tue Jan 14 15:01:48 UTC 2020

Hello!

We just finished our weekly meeting. Here is our meeting log

http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2020/tor-meeting.2020-01-14-14.00.log.html

See you online,

------------------------
Meeting 2019-01-13
------------------------

People:
    - Antonela
    - emmapeel
    - nah
    - c1e0
    - pili
    - gus
    - diogo

== Updates ==

Antonela:
    - I roadmapped the UX team work for 2020 - I should sync with Matt on TB related efforts. https://nc.torproject.net/s/CqiqS7NRrfPkmLx
    - Sorting All Hands logistics; there is a chance i make Fosdem (!)
    - Meeting Sarah from OTF Red Lab this week (last week was canceled)
    - Coordinating meetings in Berlin with Firefox folks and Simply Secure about OTF Metrics grant
    - S27, S30 and S9 meetings this week
    - IFF Village Organizers meeting this week; Mozilla <> Tor Monthly meeting today
    - Working with Onion Errors and Onion Indicators as part of S27
    - Reviewed Nah's report on December user research ran by partners
    - I'm trying to help with WWW tickets but I'm failing to do all the things. I think /download is the priority and should focus on it.
    - I emailed Julia Evans (b0rk) to work in a fanzine that explains Tor. She doesn't run commissioned work but recommended us emilywithcurls :)
    - I got an invite for RightsCon; I'll make it and I'm being part of a panel about design and human rights

emmapeel:
    This week:
        - Glossary
        -  documentation for translators wiki-community portal-localization lab
        - locales clean up with erinm
        - translation branch in jenkins
        - a little of trac l10n tickets cleanup
    Next week:
    - More docs for the community portal (l10n section)
    - look for reviewers for most languages
    - trac l10n tickets cleanup
    - moving docs out of trac

nah:
    this week:
        - trainer's feedback on user research
        - onion services user research
        - s9 meeting
        - planning fosdem
    next week:
        - afk at cpdp

pili:
    this week:
        - roadmapping with teamsp
        - FOSDEM State of the Onion prep
        - Google Summer of Docs organisation

diogo:
    this week:
        - FOSDEM presentation (wip)
        - TOR Download page / 'Why verify signatures' exploration (wip)
    next week:
        - https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/3544

FORMAT!
Name:
    This week:
        - What you worked on this week.

== Discussion ==

- FOSDEM User Research?
- Do we have any projects/mentors for Google Summer of docs?
- onion services research

>From last week >
- Call for design > https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/3222
- Call for design > https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/3544 (picking this up -diogo)