[ux] UX team meeting notes, 25 february 2020

Antonela Debiasi tor at antonela.me
Tue Feb 25 15:10:52 UTC 2020

Hello,

We just finished our weekly meeting. Here is our meeting log

http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2020/tor-meeting.2020-02-25-13.59.log.html

See you online,

UX team work meeting pad
------------------------
Meeting 2019-02-24
------------------------
People:
    - antonela
    - nah
    - c1e0
    - emmapeel

== Updates ==

Antonela:

    - Put my $0.02 on the certs ballot. It remembered me this amazing
    sculpture I was fortunate enough to saw in person last week
    https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/monument-to-the-unknown-bureaucrat
    - The new /download page is live > torproject.org/download/
    - Fixed some bugs, made some short iterations, closed some tickets
    https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/tpo/issues/59
    https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/web/tpo/issues/6
    - Now I'm working on making it look better in small screens
    - S27 Onion errors strings review
    https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/33035#comment:16
    - I was curious about this minimal ui and i gave a try. It looks
    fantastic :)
    - Writing peers feedback
    - Reviewing user research templates by pili and nah
    - Following up Tunde's travels. Put in contact with Gaba to
    facilitate a NC account for his research data
    - Following up with Nah about onionsites user research
    - IFF Tor village: Sent some invites to fav community members to
    encourage them to submit a proposal
    - S30 OONI design tasks this week

Pili:
    - Mostly working on DRL proposal
    - IFF organisation

nah:
    - had a meeting with a partner in BR last week with gus
    - reviewing onion services research
    - new research for community (march)
    - activity in tor village (iff)
    - updating feedback training repo:
https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/ux/research/tree/master/reports/2019/community

emmapeel:
    - best thing is the devs joining transifex, I hope we will close the
gap between devs and translators
    - introductions for cohosh, gaba, sysrqb
    - preparing workshops for IFF with erinm, first iteration:
https://pad.riseup.net/p/n_7hVzq2yK5DuMQ6GyD4
    - updated website translations in transifex
    - pinged reviewers personally about snowflake and many are spreading
its use around their friends!
    - reviewed docs for linguine-transifex exodus (next meeting this
week, draft proposal
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iSUjLYlICQgEVpSWTBvIdaRiT1br2s34pgZh3JZtzt8)

== Discussion ==

- next user research for community
- gitlab.torproject.org is about to be a thing \o/ I'd like to start
uploading all the design assets i have in my local comp. What do you
think about diogo's approach on using git for tracking design
iterations?
https://fosdem.org/2020/schedule/event/git_workflow_for_design_in_os_projects/
Maybe we can all read about it and ask him to join us next week to
discuss how we can implement it.
- peer-feedback is due March 6th. Make sure you are on time!

---------

== Interesting Links [ or what are we reading this week ]==
https://jeffhuang.com/designed_to_last/
https://privacyinternational.org/news-analysis/3385/one-year-what-has-ugandas-data-protection-law-changed

--
Antonela Debiasi