[ux] papers: domestic violence and privacy

isabela isabela at torproject.org
Thu Oct 31 13:15:13 UTC 2019

Hi there,

someone suggested to me these papers (haven't read them yet) and I
thought of sharing it here since folks on this list would appreciate it
:) I believe.

N. Sambasivan, A. Batool, N. Ahmed, T. Matthews, K. Thomas, L.S.
Gaytán-Lugo, D. Nemer, E. Bursztein, E. Churchill, & S. Consolvo, ““They
don’t leave us alone anywhere we go” Digital Abuse Challenges and Coping
Practices Among South Asian Women,” Proceedings of the Conference on
Human Factors in Computing Systems: CHI ’19, Glasgow, UK, (2019). [CHI
Best Paper]

​

N. Sambasivan, G. Checkley, N. Ahmed, A. Batool, S. Gaytán, D. Nemer, T.
Matthews, S. Consolvo, & E. Churchill, “”Privacy is not for me, it’s for
those rich women”: Performative privacy practices on mobile phones by
women in South Asia,” Proceedings of the Symposium on Usable Privacy and
Security: SOUPS ’18, Baltimore, Maryland, (2018). [IAPP SOUPS Privacy Award]

T. Matthews, K. O’Leary, A. Turner, M. Sleeper, J. Woelfer, M. Shelton,
C. Manthorne, E.F. Churchill, & S. Consolvo, “Stories from survivors:
Privacy & security practices when coping with intimate partner abuse,”
Proceedings of the Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems: CHI
’17, Denver, Colorado, (2017). [CHI Best Paper]

enjoy,
isabela

--
Isabela Bagueros