[ux] UX team meeting notes, 27 august 2019

Antonela Debiasi tor at antonela.me
Wed Aug 28 12:03:35 UTC 2019

Hello,

Our weekly UX team meeting happened yesterday. Here is our meeting log

http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2019/tor-meeting.2019-08-27-13.59.log.html

And the updates notes are below:

UX team work meeting pad
------------------------
Meeting 2019-08-27
------------------------

People:
    * Antonela
    * clash
    * pili
    * nah
    * alarith (just looking)
    * gus
    * emmapeel

== Updates ==

FORMAT!

Name:
    This week:
        - What you worked on this week.

Antonela:
    Last week:
    - Drafted first ideas on user research documents for communities ->
https://pad.riseup.net/p/tlsNmoGxqz4SP997qeS5
    - Shared TBA / TB 9 parity features update with Guardian Project folks
    - Applied for a lighting talk at the MediaParty19 Buenos Aires
    - Review and meetings for community DRL grant
    - Reviewed nah's reporting
    - Followed up with Tunde
    - Worked on TB network settings
    - Helping the community team for the docs hackaton
    - Made assets for the Fundraising team campaing
    - Logistics for the OTF summit are done
    This week:
    - Upload content to ux/research >
https://dip.torproject.org/torproject/ux/research
    - Work on isa's vision letter cover image blogpost
    - Close Network settings work (#31286) and plan on s30 iteration
    - Following up on /media folder with pili
    - Work with nah on S9 user research documents for communities ->
https://pad.riseup.net/p/tlsNmoGxqz4SP997qeS5
    - Speak at MediaParty - https://sched.co/UESp
    - Sync with phw about s30
    - Make assets for the Fundraising Team - Tor usage metrics

clash:
    This week:
        - DocsHackathon blog post media.

pili:

    Last week:
    - Docs Hackathon blog post and some logistic details
    This week:
    - S27 August report
    - Websites maintenance meeting

nah:
Last week:
    - General Reporting <done!>
    - F.A.Q.
    - Started the work about uxr + community + reporting
This week:
    - New repo template for uxr activities:
        readme: https://pad.riseup.net/p/_nmd9z3C_Xz5meQGcJXO-keep
    - F.A.Q. for uxr activities
    - Working with anto: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tlsNmoGxqz4SP997qeS5
    - Plan activities in september + engange volunteers for uxr in brazil:
        sao paulo: 19 or 20/september
        rio de janeiro: 23/september

emmapeel:
    Last week:
        - thinking around for the docshackathon, dip, how contributors
will report
        - fixing tails translations for reviews, testing for our
translations
        - merging stuff on lektorz - recover lost contributions
        - clean up community.
    This week:
        - policies.git translations
        - docshackathon - contributions documentation (how to submit
pull req, etc)

== Discussion ==

- I'll be flying next week, offline for this meeting
- September Roadmaping
- alarith intro (not sure this is the place to write? :) )
Hi, I'm Alarith, I'm an HCI researcher from Germany. I have a background
in psychology
with some computer science so I'm into statistics, surveys and all sorts
of UX research stuff,
not so much the graphical part. I've been in the academia world mostly
so far,
but maybe I can contribute something here as well. Also, I speak German,
French, English,
some Japanese and some Python.

- nah: finished the reporting, need some feedback // brazil activities
and ux
- clash: blogpost about docshackathon cover image

Thanks,

Antonela Debiasi
UX Team Lead

@antonela