[ux] CCS Paper

Kevin Gallagher kcg295 at nyu.edu
Fri Sep 21 15:43:40 UTC 2018

Hello UX team!

My name is Kevin Gallagher (kevun on IRC) and I recently got a Tor UX
study accepted into CCS. I wanted to attach the paper here so interested
parties could read it. This project was performed before TB v8, but
hopefully some of it will still be useful moving forward!

I think the interesting aspect of our study is the method more than the
findings. The method of quantitative data collection could allow for an
extended experiment to discover user experience issues that are
encountered during naturalistic use of the Tor Browser, and without
harming the privacy of the users. Maybe an extended experiment like this
with more experienced Tor users could be useful.

If there's any feedback on this (positive or otherwise), I'd love to hear!

Thanks,

Kevin

--
Kevin Gallagher