[ux] OONI Probe Android Mockups

Elio Qoshi elio at openobservatory.org
Thu Oct 11 18:08:40 UTC 2018

Hi Antonela, thanks for the great feedback! Let me address your points:

I'm still not solid with the config/settings icon. What about
> https://material.io/tools/icons/?icon=settings&style=baseline?

The problem is that we already use that Settings icon for the general app
settings. I suspect it would be better to use something else for
Customizing a specific test class.

What are we going to do with the watermark for the sharing?

In our session we had some concerns as far as I remember. I am updating the
mockups with a watermark I suggest but I'm unsure myself. Waiting on
Maria's and Arturo's blessing on this.

Error pages could have a centered icon, the same way we have one at the
> results page layout.

The problem with that is that we currently reserve the Exclamation Mark
icon for Anomalies, so we cannot use that for Errors as well. Do you have
any suggestions what else we could use to depict an error?

Test summary 2 will look less crowded if you have 2 items per card. So, you
can break Data Usage and Total Runtime / Country and ISP.

That means having 3 tabs for that header?

NDT Speed Test Details needs work. What is the most important info there?
> Down/Up and Ping? Then, we can move all the other data to the light
> background in one column. The same way we did on the Results screen.

Good point, will adapt this.

Thanks again for this! I am tweaking the views considering also some of
Glenn's feedback and hope to wrap this up this week.

Cheers,
Elio