[ux] New Tor Launcher UI is now on TB stable! (7.5)

isabela isabela at torproject.org
Tue Jan 23 21:20:33 UTC 2018

Hello UX list :)

I would like to share with you the news that the new Tor Launcher we
worked on last year is no on Tor Browser 7.5 stable release:
https://blog.torproject.org/tor-browser-75-released

Big deal!

There is more work to be done, get moat integrated to make it easier for
users to obtain a bridge and even explore how to use OONI vanilla Tor
project as a way to help us learn when Tor is blocked and automate
things to get our user connected.

But one step at the time, we will also continue to test this UI we just
launch with our users and see where we still need to improve. We just
did a test focused on the new copy in Mumbai, with the help of the
community team. We haven't yet digested the results, but will soon and
share our findings with y'all.

Wanted to share the news with the list since this is something others
helped too, so thank you!!

cheers,
isabela