[ux] Let's get to know lektor

sajolida sajolida at pimienta.org
Mon Nov 13 11:26:00 UTC 2017

Silvia [Hiro]:
> I was just chatting with Sajolida about Lektor. Tails doesn't use it.
> They are with ikiwiki.

Yeap. We use ikiwiki [1] for the content and its PO plugin [2] for
translations.

[1]: https://ikiwiki.info/
[2]: https://ikiwiki.info/plugins/po/

But I'm personally quite frustrated with ikiwiki though "it works" for
us and would like to have easier and more flexible tools in the future
for our website. So:

- I wouldn't recommend Tor to go for ikiwiki unless you have a good
  share of time to invest in improving it upstream.

- I'm *really* excited about Tor trying out Lektor, especially since I
  learned that it has a plugin to handle PO files as well. I'll try to
  follow up closely and if it works for you better than ikiwiki works
  for us, I might propose using it for Tails as well :)