[ux] Can we commit to a "continuous improvement process" for torproject.org?

Silvia [Hiro] hiro at torproject.org
Mon Nov 6 10:08:02 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I wanted to get back to this thread with an update on what I have been
preparing for the website redesign tasks.

I have created a test for a  framework that looks like a promising
solution for the website redesign project.

The test can be accessed here: http://pipeline.torproject.net:9900/

Here is the git repository: https://oniongit.eu/infra/portal

Here is the framework that I am using: https://www.getlektor.com

In my opinion it has the best of the cms and the static website
generator worlds. It's a static website generator, that can be edited as
a CMS. It has a mac app that can be used to edit pages easily and it
also work as a git repository.

Please feel free to explore it and try it out.

If we commit to use it, I am also chatting w the developers to have a
functionality that it can push to a branch on a git repository as part
of the deploy loop of the framework. I am trying to make it easier for
people to contribute to the website editing process. So that me and a
few more people can just merge the edits and deploy the static content.
I think this will speed up a lot of development and documentation
editing tasks.

It also supports localization in a format that can be used with our
existing tools.

Talk soon,

-hiro