[ux] Feedback on my usability evaluation of tor launcher wiki page

Carolin Zöbelein contact at carolin-zoebelein.de
Sat Feb 11 20:42:13 UTC 2017

Hi Linda,

at irc I promised you to have a look at
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorLauncherUX2016#Use
rpainpoints

Hence, here my comments:

1. In section: "Resulting Improvements"
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorLauncherUX2016#Res
ultingImprovements

=> The order of text/content and tables is confusing. After reading the
first paragraph ("We used these industry standard metrics ..."), I'm
expecting the content of table 2 and not one. Perhaps you should write
the content(order) of the whole section a bit differently.

2. A general remark, not especially about this content
=> When I was a student, I participated at a lot of "scientific
laboratory research" as test person. I don't know the conditions within
this research was done, but in general the most times if I read
research papers I missed more information about this conditions and
about the "test persons". My personal experience is: "official" the
offer to be a test person was given for all kind of persons but in
reality the test group was very homogeneous of a special group of
people.
E.g. I participated for tests at the economic sciences department of my
university. Official, to be a test person was open for everybody, but
in reality, 99% of the participants where freshman economic science
students. I would say, that's not the average of the population ;)

I only wanted to use the chance to remark my personal experience here.
I has nothing especially to do with your work :).

This test person time was a strange time. Clicking three hours all the
time on the same button can be very funny. ;)

Bye,
Carolin

Carolin Zöbelein / Nick: Samdney
PGP: D4A7 35E8 D47F 801F 2CF6 2BA7 927A FD3C DE47 E13B