[ux] Firefox' next UX refresh and impact on Tor Browser design

Lolint lolint at protonmail.com
Thu Apr 13 20:06:33 UTC 2017

Hi everyone!

If you're not aware, Firefox' will get a new skin (will land probably in version 57?) and this
means that it will affect the next ESR, hence TBB :) Mockups of this new design are now
available:

https://people-mozilla.org/~shorlander/projects/photon/Mockups/macOS.html
https://people-mozilla.org/~shorlander/projects/photon/Mockups/windows-10.html
https://people-mozilla.org/~shorlander/projects/photon/Mockups/linux.html (broken at the moment)

Concerning its impact I'm mainly thinking about:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzRaXGZ006aoWHJLd0hBT3IyRUE/view

The main advantage this have that I think about: Because the URL bar is now centered, and the search bar disappeared, that should leave more space for breaking the Tor
Browser Button into different buttons as suggested in that beautiful design doc (the drive.g
one).

What are your thoughts on this? :)

Best,

--Jeff