[ux] What are your favorite tools?

Linda Naeun Lee linda at torproject.org
Wed Oct 19 15:22:13 UTC 2016

Hey all,

I am trying to establish a timeline and pipeline for user testing.
Ideally, I would love to test and improve some aspect of a tor
application every n months, using tools a, b, c. But that's somewhat
getting ahead of myself. First things first!

Does anyone here have any favorite wireframing, prototyping,
user-testing tools? I've done a search on the myself, but 1) I'm sure
I've missed some good ones, and 2) I value your input.

Bonus points if:
-it works well with Tor Browser.
-it's free.
-it can do multiple things in the pipeline.
-it doesn't require downloading software.

My favorite contender so far was UX Pin (It's an easier-to-use
competitor of Axure RP), a SaaS application allows wireframing,
prototyping, annotating, and user testing all in one.  However, it
doesn't work well with Tor and requires a monthly fee.

In the past, I've used surveygizmo for surveys, Mturk for online tasks,
paper and pencil for wireframing, Illustrator for hi-fi prototypes, and
marvel for creating interactive prototypes. I used these because they're
what I knew, what the school had licenses for, etc. I'd like to make a
more active decision on what to use this time!

Let me know your thoughts~

ヽ(•◡•)ノ,
Linda

--
Current Key: https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=lindanaeunlee
GPG Fingerprint: FA0A C9BE 2881 B347 9F4F C0D7 BE70 F826 5ED2 8FA2