[ux] Creative brief for the style guide

Nima Fatemi nima at torproject.org
Wed Mar 23 19:41:16 UTC 2016

Sara Sinclair Brody:
> Hello, all!
>
> As promised, I have created an initial draft of the creative brief for the
> style guide. There are still some open questions, but this should provide a
> concrete basis for our discussion tomorrow. Remember that the audience for
> the brief is a designer, who may or may not be familiar with Tor or even
> open-source software (although ideally we'll find someone with the right
> set of skills and availability who is passionate about both).
>
> Since I understand that the mailing list doesn't allow attachments, I
> created a Github repository for Tor stuff that Ame and I are contributing
> to and uploaded the PDF there [1]. I would be happy to put it somewhere
> else if folks would prefer, just let me know.
>
> Looking forward to chatting tomorrow,
> Scout
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/simplysecure/tor/blob/master/CreativeBriefforTorProjectStyleGuide.pdf

Hi Scout,

Thanks for sending this to the list.

I just wanted to send a quick note to you and everyone else on this list
who might be new to mailing lists as a communication tool for open
source projects.

Please always make sure the email you're sending has the right subject
line and is in the right thread. Otherwise people might just miss it.

For example, I was looking at the subject line and could've easily
ignored this email since I didn't need the notes from the last meeting.
in fact, I accidentally opened it :)

To start a new thread on this list, you just need to send a new email to
ux at lists.torproject.org. And to reply to a currently existing thread,
all you need is to do a "reply to all" or "reply to list" depending on
your mail client.

Thanks again for the speedy brief.

Warm regards,
--
Nima
0XC009DB191C92A77B | @mrphs

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right
to say it" --Evelyn Beatrice Hall