[ux] Tor Launcher UX wiki page is now live! + Updates

Spencer spencerone at openmailbox.org
Thu Jan 28 22:28:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

> Linda Naeun Lee:
> Thank you

Ocf.  That's what we're here for (:

> doing my best to document

Doing great!!  Can't thank you enough for the work and the open
research!!!

> balance between usability and utility (communication of
> critical information [in text])

I agree.

> Ideal Path was implicit

Word.  Maybe it shouldn't be given the high stakes and resources.

Mapping out the experience of each case will provide value.

> auto-proxy detection (not put the user at risk)

This depends on how the data exists.  It is a risk point that can become
vulnerable, unless there is research that details how this can not
happen.

> biggest source of confusion

The interface, surrounding proxies for example, might have been the
biggest source of confusion.  However, understanding what is happening
is what the resulting, and arguably preceding, experience is.

How does auto-proxy detection resolve people's confusion about proxies
and their personally and globally relevant use?

> optimizing the flow [people can] make their own
> decisions to fix their configuration.

If by fix you mean control, then I agree.

> added a progress bar

The observation was that the progress bar is useful for geographical
context within the experience.

The insight is that the progress bar could become the center piece and
drive the experience.

Communication [preferences?] are often visual narratives.

> not bite off more than we can chew

Word.  This is a constraint that many deal with.

> censorship circumvention

This is not clear.  Will you point to a defenition?

> some previous work

I remember this.  Awesome stuff there, too.

Are the videos and stuff attached to tickets, or located elsewhere?

Wordlife,
Spencer