[ux] UX team meeting on IRC and in Valencia

Isabela isabela at riseup.net
Wed Feb 10 02:57:07 UTC 2016

Hello there!

We had our meeting today I am typing notes below. It had a low
attendance but we hope folks can still propose sessions and add them to
the Dev Meeting wiki.

Here are some notes from our meeting:

0. Team introductions
Who attended:
Geko from Tor Browser team
David F. from Berkeley
Isabela Tor PM
Sebastian from www-team and community team

1. Ideas for Valencia

David and Linda will be presenting their work, by the meeting they want
to have a running prototype of a changed Tor Launcher interface, which
is designed according to what they learned in testing with users. They
are hopping people will sit down and give it a try and give them
feedback before they try it with users. They also have a lot of other
good stuff to share, so this will be definitely a very interesting session!

Ame - we are still hopping you and others from Simply Secure can host a
session on brand guidelines.

I am thinking about hosting a session to work on the wiki and document
our UX memory (more on this at the wiki part of the meeting).

I am also thinking about organizing a UX Team meeting, we could link
Nima via video somehow?

2. Wiki

We spoke about the team wiki page:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams//UxTeam

Besides the sections that are there (and need to be filled with info) we
want to add a section documenting our UX memory. By that I mean
documenting the problem we found out, the changes (hypothesis) in UI
that we tried, and the final choice (why we went with it).

David already added notes of projects listed during the meeting that we
should start with. The goal is to make it easier for people to
understand our UX decisions and to help new studies as well.

3. Meetings

We left to discuss this when more people are around. So maybe we could
start talking when we should meet again on IRC or should we leave it for
Valencia?

Cheers,
Isabela

--
PM at TorProject.org
gpg fingerprint = 8F2A F9B6 D4A1 4D03 FDF1  B298 3224 4994 1506 4C7B