[ux] Tor Configuration Dialogue User Study Update

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Tue Dec 8 06:21:48 UTC 2015

On Sun, Dec 06, 2015 at 11:57:26AM -0800, Spencer wrote:
> >Linda Naeun Lee:
> >We have had many iterations since (but will only
> >update with bigger milestones).
>
> Are these publicly available?

No, I don't think so.

> >I'd be open to more communication. We already have specific,
> >IRB-approved, and funded plans for our next steps though.
> >

> What is 'IRB-approved' and are these plans publicly available?

IRB is Institutional Review Board because we're doing this at a
university and the experiments involve human participants. I don't think
we have documented plans online but roughly the plan is to do another
user study to test the usability of an altered interface. It's easy to
find flaws in any interface, but may be hard to make something concrete
that is actually better. We hope that it will point the way to
improvements and then we can help make the changes happen in Tor
Browser.