[tor-teachers] New resource: All About Tor for Libraries

Alison macrina at riseup.net
Wed Nov 30 23:19:00 UTC 2016

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Braud-Santoni:
> Hi Alison,
>
> Thanks a bunch for this, it looks like it's going to be pretty helpful  :-)
>
> I have a quick question, though: was any special care/thought given to
> the specific tool mentioned?
> Are those recommendations?
>
> For instance, why mention Subgraph over Qubes, or Tails over Whonix?
> I guess the links list is not trying to be exhaustive either.
> (This is not necessarily reflecting my “preferred tools”, just trying to
> hilight the issue I see)

You're right, it's not meant to be exhaustive. It's focused in a way
that I think is most relevant to librarians. Subgraph is alpha now but
when ready will be appropriate for people with average computer skills.
Tails is already that. Whonix and Qubes are not, so they are not of a
lot of use in this setting.

Alison