[tor-teachers] The SPEAC Tor Pack (a.k.a surveillance, privacy, encryption, anonymity, censorship and Tor)

Hugo Maxwell Connery hmco at env.dtu.dk
Mon Jan 25 14:53:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

Visit:

  https://crypto-party.it.env.dtu.dk/SPEAC-Tor/

to obtain a document and a presentation in OpenDocument
formats.  There is no author or copyright (deliberate).

They are the end result of the text document that I have been working
on and previously sent to the list for comment.

They cover Tor/Privacy topics that I consider essential.  Those topics are presented in
as "low tech" a manner as I could.

The document uses a conversational (hopefully easy to read) style.

The presentation has notes for each slide (see the "Notes" tab in LibreOffice's Presenter)
in which I comment on the discussion topics that I would use for the slide.

The slides follow the topic order in the document (of course).

Please adjust any/all to your taste/audience.  I hope that you can use
the document directly.  I suggest adjusting the presentation notes to
fit the topics you wish to discuss (remove/add).  I hiope what you find
there closely matches that which you wish to cover.

None of the above have anything to do with installing or using Tor / TBB,
just a calm but detailed analysis of the history of the internet and
surveillance and the threats we face.  Thus, these could serve as part 1 of a
multi part event,  which includes installing Tor (or Tails etc.) and/or other privacy tools.

I hope that this provides some inspiration or assistance.

Happy teaching,  Hugo

PS:  All suggestions for improvement are greatly appreciated.