[tor-teachers] Materials, hello etc.

Hugo Maxwell Connery hmco at env.dtu.dk
Fri Sep 18 12:19:20 UTC 2015

Hi,

Firstly, great job creating this list.  Hats off to those involved.

I support the idea of creating a collaborative space to share
materials which is more organised than a mailing list (e.g a wiki).
That will take some ongoing administrative effort to maintain
a useful structure.

I suggest that there are a few spheres from the more generic to
the more specific which members of the list cover to some
degree in their educational efforts.  Things like "Op Sec" in general,
advice on some specific tools for improving one's privacy, and
Tor specifically.  I suggest that should a collaborative space
be established that it probably should allow for collaboration
on the greater spheres, though much of this is not specifically
about Tor itself.   This would seem in keeping with the Tor
project's mission.

As a contribution, I ran a "cryptoparty" like thing a couple
of years ago.  Here is a web site (which has out of date things
in it) that people might find of interest.

https://crypto-party.it.env.dtu.dk/

It was customised to my community, and things have moved on
in the tech space.  But, feel free to grab whatever works for you.

I also think it is worthwhile explaining what privacy is, why it
matters, and the threats that are posed to it.  For that purpose
I have uploaded a few 100+ media items (mostly videos) on these topics.

I offer those too (all basically obtained from youtube or other public
sources).

https://crypto-party.it.env.dtu.dk/research/Surveilled/

Please feel free to grab, remix, etc. whatever suits your needs.

Regards,

Hugo

PS: Caveat: Of the media items above I am offering them for the purpose of
small scale, non-commercial teaching, which is a standard "fair use" category.
I in no way endorse their use for any large scale, or commerical purposes.