[tor-teachers] Material for Tor talk

Tania Silva tdruiva at riseup.net
Wed Sep 9 01:00:34 UTC 2015

Hey,

> My go-to for an accessible guide to simply using the tor browser
> bundle is the EFF's surveillance self-defence guide.
Yeah, I'm following it, this is a really good material. Thanks for
sending it!

Also, I'll explain how Tor and HTTPS works using this image from EFF
https://www.eff.org/pages/tor-and-https

> However, if you are presenting to a more technical audience, I'm not
> personally aware of similar resources. Surely they exist somewhere,
Some of them are technical, so I already read the Tor design
https://www.onion-router.net/Publications/tor-design.pdf

>What resources have you found already, if you don't mind sharing?
Sure!

Using specially to extract the Tor Ecosystem and explain how to contribute
https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer.html.en

Short video about how Tor works - I'm not going to present, I used just
to get some insights of how to explain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5FRYpPwpJ0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_4aiwVdEOg

Some history about Onion Routing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onion_routing
https://www.onion-router.net/History.html

Tor Design
https://www.onion-router.net/Publications/tor-design.pdf

Mode details about Rendezvous Point and Location-Hidden Servers
https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree

And how to use and install
https://ssd.eff.org/en/module/how-use-tor-mac-os-

--
Tania Silva | @tdruiva
Give me a mask

D0C6 C023 0FBF F6BF CFBB  5DB5 F456 4E2A 2B20 D2F0