[tor-teachers] Material for Tor talk

Dylan Cooper dylanc119 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 00:02:27 UTC 2015

Hey friends (first email...eep),

On 9/8/15 7:14 PM, Thomas White wrote:
> I was thinking about such things as the email arrived. I know Tor
> publishes some basic material, but it would be nice if we started
> to pester the tor developers for their slides and material whenever
> we spot something in a presentation or talk that isn't available
> somehow on this list.
Agree- it'd be great to get that wiki up and running/promote awareness
of the already in existence wiki, and encourage publication of slides
for reference/general use.
Furthermore if anyone has a topic that isn't really
> covered somewhere, perhaps add the topic or target audience to a
> central list of "to-do" presentation. Then anyone with a spare
> afternoon could surely knock one together to get that ball
> rolling.
Yes- would y'all want a separate thread to just list ideas for
audience-specific Tor-talks?

> Is there a wiki page setup for such materials as I am having
> trouble spotting it if there is.
Slash, is anyone else willing to help maintain such a wiki if it isn't
already in existence?

This may be tangentially related, and better served on a different
listserv/part of the internet, but would a general "questions
about/tips for presenting and public speaking" thread see much use here?

> On 08/09/2015 23:32, Tania Silva wrote:
>> Hey peeps,
>
>> I'm so happy to see this list \o/
>
>> Tomorrow I'm going to give a talk in my office and also for few
>> fellas from Quito community about Tor Project, give them an
>> overall about what is Onion Rounting, the Tor Ecosystem, how to
>> install and to use.
>
>> Do we have some material about it?
Seconded- there doesn't seem to be a whole lot aimed at the "corporate
colleagues, friends, and loved ones" side of promoting Tor. Could also
be useful for those who work at more established (meaning older,
rigid) non-profits, and need something quick to pitch to mgmt?