[tor-teachers] Welcome!

Alison Macrina macrina at riseup.net
Tue Sep 8 21:53:52 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

First, lemme say that I'm really glad to see such a huge interest in
this list! I think a list like this is both useful and necessary and I'm
excited to see what we can do together.

Please feel free to invite your friends and colleagues to join us on
this list. The more, the merrier:

This list is for:

1. Discussion and info sharing around Tor teaching/training events (who
we're teaching, when, where)
2. Curriculum development, standardization, organization, and
translation into different languages
3. Sharing strategies for teaching different kinds of groups and
individuals, including visionary stuff (ideology of Tor) with practical
stuff (how to use the darn thing), and problem solving
4. Warm fuzzy success stories from our trainings
5. Community building: encouraging and connecting all the lovely people
educating others about Tor

The goal of this list is to grow the set of people around the world who
are comfortable, empowered, and prepared to speak to others about Tor,
and create and run a common communication channel for this outreach
community. mrphs (nima at torproject.org) and I are the administrators of
the list.

As someone who does trainings on Tor as part of her full-time gig, I can
really use the help and support of other folks who do similar work and
hope to offer the same. I also get asked to do more training events than
I reasonably have time for, so I'd love to share those with other folks
who might want to take some of those on.

Anyway, welcome to the list everyone! Looking forward to what's to come.

Alison

Alison
(director of Library Freedom Project, also at alison at
libraryfreedomproject dot org, pgp:
https://libraryfreedomproject.org/contact/)