[tor-teachers] Politics

shadowmihai shadowmihai at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 21:42:28 UTC 2015

Jacob (and everyone else)

I certainly did not intend to imply that those fighting as against fascism as the partisans did should be excluded or were not interesting or pertinent.  Hopefully the context of my first message is clear in that oppression by any government or other group is a bad thing or that people concerned about such should not be heard in this group. Quite the opposite. Any experience in opposing repression is important to know of.

My comment regarding 'partisan' and 'electoral' politics is aimed at hoping we are not going to devolve into party politics discussion.  For instance, I would not want to see a debate on whether the majority vote for the Liberal party in Canada a couple days ago will be good for the film industry or might lower sales tax. That kind of discussion is not pertinent.  And I mention this kind of thing because from experience I know people go there.

I believe though that we can always bring a tangent back to the main thrust of the list.

Best to everyone.

-Shadow Dragu-Mihai

Sent from my Boost phone