[tor-teachers] tor-teachers - politics

Jens Kubieziel maillist at kubieziel.de
Wed Oct 21 08:37:19 UTC 2015

* Alison Macrina schrieb am 2015-10-21 um 04:47 Uhr:
> I personally would love to hear people share their stories around
> educating civic organizations and civil society groups -- and not just
> the police-- about Tor. I educate librarians *because* of the status

What I also did was educating »policy people«. So I did some trainings
with politicians. Usually they were quite open and wanted to use secure
communication tools. The federal government even decided to evaluate E2E
encryption (TLS and GnuPG were mentioned). See
<URL:http://www.parldok.thueringen.de/ParlDok/dokument/52174/verschl%c3%bcsselte-kommunikation-erm%c3%b6glichen-und-bef%c3%b6rdern.pdf>
So in the end I convinced to politicians to run a Tor relay. ;)

However most of the local CDU (conservative party) is immune against
those attempts. They know about Tor and consider it a »bad tool«.

--
Jens Kubieziel                                   http://www.kubieziel.de
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier...just as