[tor-teachers] wiki updates

Dylan Cooper dylanc119 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 00:33:02 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 7:55 PM, Kate Krauss <kate at torproject.org> wrote:

> This is great, thanks! Are there particular materials that you've found
> to be especially useful?
>
> Katie
>
> Alison Macrina:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've updated the wiki [1] with some of the resources that were shared on
> > this list before we had the wiki. I also changed it so that the
> > languages appear in alphabetical order.

This is awesome, thanks for doing all this.

> > I'm not entirely sure how to incorporate all the material here [2]. If
> > some rad person wants to review those materials and see what can be
> > incorporated on our wiki, that would be helpful!

I can, I'm sure others saw this and already hopped to it as well. General
question: would the tor-project irc be the most relevant place for
tor-teachers stuff?

> > Some tags that I think we need to add: user proficiency level, user
> > group, what kinds of materials are contained (slides, graphics,
> > articles, video, etc). Anything else we need to add?

Is user group similar to target audience? If so, do y'all see value in I
guess "sub-dividing" based on category, to better tailor to audience? E.g.,
students vs. corporate employees vs. public sector? (This might be a stupid
question, sorry)

> > Also, whoever shared the .onion resources in Russian [3][4] -- they
> > don't appear to be working.
> >
> > There are a couple of ssd.eff.org links, and I'm wondering if we want to
> > go ahead and include all of them, for all OS, for all languages? Seems
> > incomplete just to have them here and there.
> >
> > I will be updating Tor Weekly News about the progress we've made on this
> > list! Please let me know if there's anything special you want me to
> > highlight. And please keep sharing your resources!
> >
> > Thanks everyone for your work on this.
> >
> > Alison
> >
> > [1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/tor-teachers
> > [2] https://media.torproject.org/outreach-material/presentations/
> > [3] http://git.hartwellnogoegst.onion/pet-media/
> > [4] http://git.hartwellnogoegst.onion/pet-slides/
> >

> --
> Kate Krauss
> The Tor Project
> www.TorProject.org
> kate at torproject.org
> Twitter: @TorProject
> 1-718-864-6647 (works for Signal also)
> Jabber: ailanthus at jabber.ccc.de
> PGP: CC0D 9B42 DE89 D4D0 619B A606 DDEB 3937 7D18 973B

Thanks,
Dylan