[tor-teachers] The Parable of the Clever Servant and Her Leaky Bucket

Alison Macrina macrina at riseup.net
Thu Nov 26 16:41:42 UTC 2015

Lara:
> Nathan of Guardian:
>> Tired of the same old analogies and metaphors for talking about
>> encryption and security, I decided to embark on a bit of a creative
>> writing exercise inspired by Rumi, the 13th century Persian
>> poet/writer/teacher/thinker....
>
> Maybe the old analogies are tried and true. Going artistic with a geek
> mind is usually a bad idea. And to frustrate the petty mysoginist: the
> female servant is pretty damn close to your women prison wet dreams.

I think it's pretty unfair to say that geek minds don't understand
creative analogy. Geek minds are a varied thing. Also, who says this
story is just useful for teaching geeks?

Also, not really sure where the wet dream comes into play; the story is
not prurient in the least. You can change the genders if you prefer.

Alison