[tor-teachers] The Parable of the Clever Servant and Her Leaky Bucket

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Thu Nov 26 12:16:28 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015, at 06:18 PM, Lara wrote:
> Nathan of Guardian:
> > Tired of the same old analogies and metaphors for talking about
> > encryption and security, I decided to embark on a bit of a creative
> > writing exercise inspired by Rumi, the 13th century Persian
> > poet/writer/teacher/thinker....
>
> Maybe the old analogies are tried and true. Going artistic with a geek
> mind is usually a bad idea. And to frustrate the petty mysoginist: the
> female servant is pretty damn close to your women prison wet dreams.

I didn't know I had that wet dream, but point taken. The point is the
servant is clever, and that we all might relate to her a bit, feeling
like we are always being watched, and constantly given leaky buckets to
do our job.

Regardless, stretching your creative muscles now and then is not a bad
thing to do. Why not try yourself?

--
  Nathan of Guardian
  nathan at guardianproject.info