[tor-teachers] Open, Onion and Off-the-Record == O3? Ozone?

J.M. Porup jm at porup.com
Wed Nov 4 15:02:47 UTC 2015

> >> Perhaps, calling it Ozone, is too clever, but just using the phrase
> >> "Open, Onion and Off-the-Record" is an easy meme that could stick?

Having spent some (admittedly disagreeable) time in marketing, I would
encourage thinking less about clever/punny names and instead names that
"say what it is."

I have found Don Norman's "The Design of Everyday Things" to be useful
in this regard.

The name should answer the question "What is it?" in a way that
non-technical end users immediately understand...and in a way that they
can easily communicate to others.

I do not like to give criticism without offering an alternative, but I
fear nothing comes to mind right now.

hth
Jens