[tor-talk] Tor browser 10.5 lost all saved passwords

s7r s7r at sky-ip.org
Wed Jul 7 00:30:26 UTC 2021

Roger Dingledine wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 06, 2021 at 10:18:54PM +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
>> I just updated to version 10.5 and all the saved logins are gone!!
>>
>> Can they be recovered?
>
> Check out
> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/40506
>
> Apparently they're not gone, they're just... inaccessible. The ticket
> suggests one way to recover them. Hopefully an upcoming Tor Browser will
> fix this surprise.
>
> --Roger

We might want to put a warning out there so people don't freak out:

snowflake-client.exe is seen as a virus on Windows:

Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B

Hopefully it's just a false positive? Anyone else experiencing this?
Didn't have time to check it happened on my work computer where I was
remotely connected and Tor Browser updated itself. Given it was a
self-auto-update I could not have possibly downloaded a "wrong" infected
Tor so no panic.

See attached image.

-s7r