[tor-talk] [Important] Running old ooniprobe? Please switch over to OONI Probe CLI

Maria Xynou maria at openobservatory.org
Tue Feb 23 11:29:39 UTC 2021

Hi folks,

Are you running the old python version of ooniprobe
(https://github.com/ooni/probe-legacy)?

If so, please switch over to the new OONI Probe Command Line Interface
(CLI): https://ooni.org/install/cli

Similarly to legacy ooniprobe, the new OONI Probe CLI is:

* Supported on Linux and macOS: https://ooni.org/install/cli

* Configured to run all OONI Probe tests automatically every day

As legacy ooniprobe is being discontinued, if you continue running it:

* You will no longer contribute measurements

* You will not receive important updates (such as new OONI Probe tests)

We therefore kindly ask you to please switch over to the new OONI Probe
CLI: https://ooni.org/install/cli

OONI Probe CLI not only supports automated daily testing, but it is also
what we are currently maintaining and improving upon, and will include
all new OONI Probe tests.

If you know others who are running the legacy version of ooniprobe, we'd
appreciate it if you could please share the above information with them.

Thanks a million!

~ OONI team.

--
Maria Xynou