[tor-talk] trackers in OONI Probe Mobile App / was: NEW RiseupVPN test in OONI Probe Mobile App

bo0od bo0od at riseup.net
Sat Feb 6 08:11:46 UTC 2021

Actually OONI tests is absolute useless to find anything bad, All the
tests being done can be known trivially by using the internet e.g:

- check for websites blockage
- check for Tor blockage
- check for Internet speed
..etc

Which one of that need magic/effort to be known? child using the
internet in that area can give you all the results without the need to
run this OONI app

The current development/developers are giving garbage application.

It should give results for middle boxes , DNS/TLS hijacking ...etc
something useful/worth to run OONI for.

One of the funny things it test for whatsapp if its blocked, But it
doenst do that for signal or element/matrix where they are more
important than the malware whatsapp... What a waste of effort and money

Christian Pietsch: