[tor-talk] Invitation to try experimental Snowflake Tor Browser packages

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Sat May 23 19:28:09 UTC 2020

These experimental session persistence features for Snowflake are now
standard in Tor Browser 9.5a13.

https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-tor-browser-95a13

To enable Snowflake the first time you run the browser:
 * Click "Configure"
 * Click "Tor is censored in my country"
 * Click "Select a built-in bridge"
 * Select "snowflake" from the menu
If the browser is already running:
 * Go to about:preferences#tor (open the Preferences menu then click Tor
   on the left side)
 * Look at the "Bridges" section
 * Click "Use a bridge"
 * Click "Select a built-in bridge"
 * Select "snowflake" from the menu

Logging is disabled by default. To enable Snowflake logging, edit the
file Browser/TorBrowser/Data/Tor/torrc-defaults (or
Contents/Resources/TorBrowser/Tor/torrc-defaults on Mac) and append the
following options to the ClientTransportPlugin snowflake line:
	-log snowflake-client.log -log-to-state-dir
The log will appear in
Browser/TorBrowser/Data/Tor/pt_state/snowflake-client.log (or
Contents/Resources/TorBrowser/Tor/pt_state/snowflake-client.log).

Depending on what kind of NAT you have, it may take several minutes to
connect (or reconnect, when a proxy disappears).