[tor-talk] Privacy add-ons for TOR

The Tuber thetuber at gmail.com
Fri May 1 16:44:36 UTC 2020

On 4/17/20 8:02 AM, Nicolas Vigier wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Apr 2020, dpcxpert wrote:
>> certain requests. Finally Cookie AutoDelete (Allows you to clean cookies
>> every time you leave an webpage).
> I'm not sure that AutoDelete would be useful, as cookies (and other
> identifiers [1]) are already cleaned when closing the browser, or when
> using the "New Identity" button.
>
>    1: https://2019.www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/#new-identity

I would argue that some sort of automatic cookie cleaner (I use Forget
Me Not but not in TBB) is still useful. I tend to have multiple windows
and tabs open, and I do not restart my browser (or computer) unless I
have to. Something that removes cookies without my intervention after
closing a tab is much more useful.

Thanks.

george