[tor-talk] Revisiting youtube blocking TBB, virtually all 1st attempts to load YT

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Sat Mar 7 23:42:00 UTC 2020

As a tor user we are regularly affected by IP based reputation systems
with known issues like:

"Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. Please try your request again later."

but I believe the situation is worse than it could be.

In July last year I made a tor feature request that would help reduce
the impact of IP based reputation systems on tor users.

I believe such a feature is becoming more important and more feasible
as exit relays are increasingly deploying IPv6 connectivity.

If you want to learn more about it:

Similar enhancement suggestions have been made already in 2011 by Mike Perry:

https://mastodon.social/@nusenu