[tor-talk] Invitation to try experimental Snowflake Tor Browser packages

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Tue Mar 3 08:51:47 UTC 2020

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 11:02:10PM -0700, David Fifield wrote:
> These special packages are made not to auto-update until 2020-04-23.
> After that, they will update and become a normal Tor Browser alpha.

The prefs I tried setting to disable automatic updates didn't work. If
you were using one of these special packages today, you got updated to a
normal Tor Browser 9.5a6 without Turbo Tunnel Snowflake.

If this happened to you, you need to re-download the package, and the
first time you run it, set app.update.auto=false in about:config.
Alternatively, go to Preferences, General, and select "Check for updates
but let you choose to install them." The browser will tell you there is
an update but won't install it automatically.

https://people.torproject.org/~dcf/pt-bundle/tor-browser-snowflake-turbotunnel-kcp-9.5a5-20200223/
https://people.torproject.org/~dcf/pt-bundle/tor-browser-snowflake-turbotunnel-quic-9.5a5-20200223/