[tor-talk] Invitation to try experimental Snowflake Tor Browser packages

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Fri Feb 28 02:32:25 UTC 2020

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 08:06:35PM +0100, john doe wrote:
> I get stuck at 50% while trying to connect.
> Is there specific ports that are required to be opened?

50% is the point where Tor needs to download the consensus, which can
take a few minutes the first time you run the browser. (Because it's
several megabytes and Tor doesn't have a cached copy yet.) If you wait a
few minutes it should make progress past 50%. It's possible that your
Snowflake proxy stopped working in the middle of the bootstrap process.
If you restart the browser it should work the second time.

If you keep getting stuck at 50%, click "Copy the Tor log" and let us
know what it says.

You don't need to open any ports. Thanks for testing.