[tor-talk] Tor and sources.list

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Mon Feb 3 08:04:20 UTC 2020

On Mon, Feb 03, 2020 at 02:02:54AM -0000, mimble9 at danwin1210.me wrote:
> In my /etc/apt/sources.list I have:
>
> deb https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org bionic main
> deb-src https://deb.torproject.org/torproject.org bionic main
>
> My version of tor is 0.4.2.5. Am I correct that, at some point, it will
> automatically update to 0.4.2.6 thanks to the above entries in
> sources.list?

I'm expecting it to work this way, yes. Or at least, I've been patiently
waiting for my 0.4.2.6 deb too. :)

I expect that the workflow involves the real Tor deb going through the
general Debian process, and then once it is available in the real Debian
repositories (even if it's just the unstable ones), then the packages
get mirrored onto deb.torproject.org.

So, give it a couple of days and hopefully it will appear.

--Roger