[tor-talk] Tor Browser without Tor

Jason Evans jsevans at emailme.cz
Sun Feb 2 12:16:24 UTC 2020

Hi all,

This is a question that we get from time to time in the Stack Exchange
group. Can I use Tor Browser without without actually using theĀ  Tor
network? For example, I want to use the browser for checking my back
account but I can't because my bank doesn't allow traffic from exit nodes.

A similar question that was asked recently is, "how can I connect to
local IPs with the Tor Browser?". For example, my home SAN is on
192.168.1.X and it's not reachable with the Tor Browser.

Thanks!

Jason