[tor-talk] TorBrowser is only showing a black windows after today's update

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Wed Oct 23 19:39:51 UTC 2019

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 11:49:22AM +0200, Nirgal wrote:
> I'm using Tor Browser Bundle on Debian stable, with xfce.
>
> After last update, tor is only showing a black windows.

My guess is that you are using torbrowser-launcher, not actual
tor browser (as obtained from torproject.org).

There appears to be a bug in torbrowser-launcher:
https://bugs.torproject.org//32215
https://github.com/micahflee/torbrowser-launcher/pull/426

The fix would be either to install tor browser the normal way
by downloading it from torproject.org, or to hope that the
torbrowser-launcher package gets a fix (or help them fix it).

--Roger