[tor-talk] TBB and Importing Cookies.

Matthew Finkel matthew.finkel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 17:33:28 UTC 2019

Hi,

Interesting question.

On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 4:03 PM <mimble9 at danwin1210.me> wrote:

> Just a quick question about how cookies are used in Tor.
>
> Just for an experiment, I exported cookies from Firefox in JSPN format and
> imported then into TBB (via an add-on that allows the import of JSON
> data).
>
> However, while the cookies were imported in the add-on, only some of them
> appeared in Preferences / Manage Cookies and Site Data.
>
> .google.com and accounts.google.com were in Manage Cookies and Site Data
> but mail.google.com did not appear.
>
> Any ideas why?

Nope. Without more information it's difficult guessing why this happened, too.

In addition to installing the new add-on, did you modify Tor Browser in other
ways? Which add-on did you use for exporting/importing the cookies? It sounds
like "importing" the cookies for mail.google.com failed for some
reason. Did you try
clearing the cookies in Firefox and import them there? And was that successful?