[tor-talk] Manual configuration of client consensus document

Van Dimitriou axokid318 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 12:43:52 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am experimenting with different circuit building algorithms for Tor
clients. My goal is to run timing tests with each algorithm and see effects
on network responsiveness.

To implement client-side changes I am trying to manually configure the
current consensus held by the client. (For example update bandwidth values
for certain relays after manually testing them)

However, I cannot seem to find a way to edit the current consensus of a
Tor-client running instance. I have used STEM API for retrieving the
cached-microdesc-consensus, editing it and saving it back to disk, but I
cannot find a control signal to make the running Tor instance sync with the
directory data.

Is there an easy way to achieve this? Or would I have to manually edit and
recompile the Tor source code, implementing this functionality?