[tor-talk] YouTube Censored Tor

Joe joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Fri Nov 8 03:16:14 UTC 2019

On 11/6/19 11:48 PM, grarpamp wrote:
> WARNING: unable to download video info webpage: HTTP Error 429: Too
> Many Requests
> "Sorry for the interruption. We have been receiving a large volume of
> requests from your network.
> To continue with your YouTube experience, please fill out...
I've actually seen that for a while.  Fortunately, it usually only takes
me 1 or 2 new circuits to get going.
Often the new exit circuits countries are the same as the one they
complained about (but obviously not same IPa).
So maybe they are getting a lot of requests from certain exits, at a
given time.

Some days recently, I've stayed on YT for quite a while & they never
complained, so it's certainly not the Tor network.  But I excluded some
countries in torrc that have a worse than avg reputation as bad actors -
in general, not just using TBB.